We all know that Ferrari, Lamborghini and Porsche have some serious super car potential. In fact, as of 2010 the new supercar revolution is amongst us! Audi joined the club with their recent Audi R8, Porsche continues to power into the market with their 911 turbo and Gt3 models. Even Bentley has joined with their fastest Bentley ever – the Bentley Continental(0-60 in 3.7s!). So what about Mercedes? Are they to stay in their luxury market or join the super car revolution? Their response?
Mercedes Benz has unveiled the new SLS AMG GT3!
Looking like a cross breed between the Dolorean, Honda S2000 and a Nissan GT3, the race influenced designs feature a variety of cooling modifications including wider front and rear wings, a hood vent, wheel arch air vents and an adjustable rear aerofoil.
The SLS has a 6.3L V8 engine and sequential 6-speed racing transmission equipped with steering wheel paddle shifts which should pack quite a serious punch. Below is the data and specs for the new SLS AMG GT3! Quite impressive numbers.
* Wheelbase: 105.5 in (2680 mm)
* Length 182.6 in (4638 mm)
* Width 76.3 in (1939 mm)
* Height 49.7 in (1262 mm)
* Kerb Weight: 3562.48 lb (1620 kg)
* Top speed (governed): 196 miles per hour (315 km/h)
* 0-60mph 3.8s
* M 159 V8-engine, cylinder bank angle 90°
* Four valves/cylinder
* Displacement: 378.835 cu in (6.20799 L)
* Bore x stroke: 102.2 mm (4 in) × 94 mm (4 in)
* Power: 571 PS (420 kW; 563 hp) at 6800 rpm
* Power per litre: 92 PS (68 kW; 91 hp)
* Torque: 650 N·m (480 lb·ft) at 4750 rpm
* Torque per litre: 104.7 N·m (77.2 lb·ft)
* Max. 7200 rpm
* Engine lubrication: dry sump
* Weight: 206 kg (450 lb)